[Villages] About location of MCF cluster

Frode M fvdm1992 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:03:19 CEST 2022

Hi!

I am writing on behalf of the May Contain Furries cluster. Previously we
had the Unterland village in the cluster, due to a signifficant overlap
between them and the ChaosFurs village. At one point Unterland left the
cluster to be fully in charge of their own placement, due to things like
power-demands &c that the rest of the villages in the cluster did not have.

Our response to this was to move the cluster to the same preffered location
as Unterland. I see this might have crowded up the spot and resulted in
Unterland being placed at their alternate preffered location instead. In
other words, our cluster is now placed a little distance away from the
Unterland village, which is a bit of an inconvenience for us. The plan was
to prepare for Unterland to re-join the cluster at their own preffered
location, but the actual re-joining was forgotten in the process.

We have been talking a bit about this, and from what I hear the Unterland
village got a lot more space than they expected. Would it therefore be
possible to move the May Contain Furries cluster next to The Unterland
village on Oelsen Field? For example by swapping place with /dev/privacy.
The MCF cluster in isolation may in such a case have a bit less space than
we have now, but we should easily be able to mannage with some
collaboration with the Unterland village.

With best regards.
-Frode "Pilosus" van der Meeren
(member of the Omega Verksted & ChaosFurs villages)