[mch2021-terrain] Infrarium A cyber-physical serious game in a container.

claudia claudia.borges at xs4all.nl
Sat May 21 18:22:11 CEST 2022

Hi Team terrain,

We, at content have a proposal that is a container to be placed on the
terrain.  We, from content can find the money for the transportation,
but I guess we have to ask you where to place it on the terrain and any
other installation / e.d.

So, questions:

1- can it be in the terrain? Where? We can add to the program as from
the 'Tardis'  track.

2- if a lorry comes with the container, what need to happen?  / what do
people need to do and what people?

3- @Igor, Do we need to contact Benadski  for connecting with power?

--------------

Here info on the container:

https://infrarium.tbm.tudelft.nl/

Intrarium is a simulation game in a shipping container, in which a team
experience the complexity and uncertainty of the energy transition in a
port area. By making investment decisions together, you explore
opportunities and experience roadblocks involved in making the energy
grid more sustainable.
Infrarium is a container that can be moved to a location of your choice
and a session will be supervised by experienced facilitators.

Forty-five minutes of stress in a sea container that has been
transformed into an infrarium filled with physical and mental
challenges. How do you go about laying energy cables without disrupting
industry or energy suppliers? How can you work with others in a small
space filled with smoke, flashing lights and incessant noise? What
effect do stress and emotions have on decision-making? The Energy Grid
Game simulation reveals the challenging decisions that the energy sector
will face during the current energy transition. This case focuses on the
Port of Rotterdam. The game was designed by Igor Nikolic, associate
professor of participatory multi-modelling, and Geertje Bekebrede,
associate professor of serious game design. The goal is to allow
participants to experience, both physically and emotionally, the
urgency, cohesion, mutual dependence and complexity of the energy
transition.

Thanks

Claudia

Infrarium Energy Grid Game