[mch2021-terrain] [MCH2022] - Questions regarding the terrain

Ruud Koolen redlizard at redlizard.nl
Sat May 28 17:06:17 CEST 2022

On Thursday 05 May 2022 09:31:30 IJsenbrant, Jasmine via Terrain wrote:
> Dear,
>
> My name is Jasmine and during MCH2022 I, together with my team, will
> present Deloitte at the conference. We are a platinum sponsor and therefore
> have the possibility to organize some events around our tent. We have a
> couple of questions regarding the terrain. Please let me know if this email
> is the correct one to address those questions.

Hi :) Sorry, your email got a bit lost in the organizational storm; I hope it
is still in time enough to not be too inconvenient.

>   1.  Are we allowed to organize a BBQ on the terrain?

Gas BBQs are allowed everywhere. Charcoal BBQs are limited to a few specific
locations, that we are in the process of organizing. Selling food for money
is not allowed without advance permission, as this triggers the small
mountain of food safety regulations. Giving BBQ'd food away to passersby for
free does not trigger these regulations, and is allowed.

>   2.  Are we allowed to create a bonfire?

Yes, but again only at specific places. There are slabs of stone with oil
drums on them distributed across the terrain that are suitable for bonfires
in a way that doesn't risk torching the fragile nature. I can probably
arrange for one of those to be placed near the Deliotte tents, but probably
not smack in the middle of your village; it will likely have to be shared
with other nearby campers and be in a fairly neutral location, as we do not
have very many of these locations available.

>   3.  We know that it is not allowed to have any cars on the property
> during the event, is there a solution available (golf cart?) to transport
> stuff from the parking lot to the conference?

Yes. There will be a continuous luggage shuttle service, and groups of
visitors that arrive as larger crews carrying more substantial supplies can
get passes to drop off luggage in a car or trailer.

> 4.  Is there water supply available on the terrain close to the tent?

There are places to fill a pan with water to cook on all across the terrain.
If you need to run a hose to a tap, in order to run a bar or something along
those lines, it will take a bit more organization, and we'll need to make
sure your tent is close enough to a location with access to running water for
this to be practical.

I hope that answers all you need to know. See you in two months :)

-- Ruud