[mch2021-terrain] Relocation of stage Clairvoyance

Ruud Koolen redlizard at redlizard.nl
Thu Jun 30 18:11:17 CEST 2022

Dear Team:Content,

The latest version of the terrain layout plan has stage Clairvoyance on
Manning field, instead of Lamarr field where it previously was. The Envelope
workshop has been moved to Lamarr field, to compensate. You can see the new
layout on the online map viewer [though your browser may need some convincing
to deal with cache complications].

The reason for this is a combination of individually minor but in combination
compelling benefits. At the new location, Clairvoyance no longer directly
overlooks a bunch of toilets and showers; it no longer blocks all vision onto
Lamarr field; and it fixes some logistical problems with water/sewage
infrastructure at the south of Lamarr field.

This change moves Clairvoyance to a relatively quieter part of the field, and
Envelope to a relatively noisier part of the field. Abacus stage is still the
stage that is most suitable for truly loud content. I am not sure to what
degree this requires replanning on your end.

Another minor update is that workshop DNA on Liskov field is now in a larger
tent than previously planned; it is now in a 15x15 tent, instead of the 15x10
that it used to be. Which I imagine changes exactly nothing, but FYI.

Let me know if any of this causes any problems that need taking into account.

-- Ruud [Team:Terrain]