[Volunteering] Emergency team

maurits.dusoswa maurits.dusoswa at kpnmail.nl
Tue Jun 21 00:57:50 CEST 2022

Hello sebastiaan,We discussed this last saturday. PL gave us this idea. They proposed to ask the volunteers for this temporary job. There a no requirements exept what i already send you. A first aid diploma is good but useless if they have other pressing responsibillities. 50 useful People are more important than first aid certificates. It is also not very useful if they plann to be drunk five days (pretty good idea). If they stay on the campsite during the event is also nice, but not a hard requirement. O yeah: if they are blind or deaf, it would be a small problem 😀The challenge indeed is how to reach them quickly and effectively without alarming the general public. Another challenge is how to manage lots of People. 50 is a resonable amount of People we think we can manage for a short while. . These people we can share some information with the coming few weeks.What your proposing however is also a good idea. But I would use that as a backup plan?, like a panic button. In case of the threat of Total loss of control. Can we make the list and sens those 50 an alarm using the Phone network?A Phone number/and or mailingadress will do the trick.If we alarm 50 People and half of them reaches emergency HQ, I'm happy. There was also an idea for a telephone circuit started by the dispatchers. This is also a proven method but a little analoge. Calling People will Cost time yes but in case of an emergency the safety teams will perform the first response do that is covered.  In case of a Cold emergency (coming storm, heatwave etc)we will have plenty of time. In case of a warm emergency ( acute response) we have to inform them quickly. So yes, we have thougt about a general idea. If we can solve the challenge of activate them, I will write a nice document in our safety instruction. Many thanks!Maurits.Verzonden vanaf mijn Galaxy
-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------Van: Sebastian Oort <bas at mch2022.org> Datum: 21-06-2022  00:22  (GMT+01:00) Aan: "maurits.dusoswa" <maurits.dusoswa at kpnmail.nl> Cc: volunteering at lists.mch2022.org Onderwerp: Re: [Volunteering] Emergency team Heya Maurits, i think what you’re proposing is that we help you put together a list of people to help out in case of emergency?Can you be a bit more specific what the requirements etc would be? We can totally make a list, the problem then will be reaching them in time. Have you given any thought on that? Just calling 50 numbers to see if we can have them come in will eat up a lot of time, and a lot of the people might not appear, or are drunk ;)More realistic would be that when an emergency is declared we send out a massive call on the phone network and angel system that we need help *right now*. And else just use a megaphone or whatever. I think it’s also wise to ask ALL angels if they have some form of first-aid certificate etc when they sign up. I’ll have a look into that if we currently ask people.Anyway, think about it. We’re happy to help.Op 19 jun. 2022, om 17:36 heeft maurits.dusoswa <maurits.dusoswa at kpnmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:Hello team volunteering,I made a new team today, the emergency (response) team.I discussed this yesterday at the orga meet. This is not a always present team but only active when thete is a jeed for much voluteers to do all sorts of things during an emergency.Can you help me with reaching out to the community to help us out in such an event?What can i do to make a list of 50 volunteers for this response team ?Hope to hear soon!Maurits Dusoswa Safety coördinator 0031610912166Verzonden vanaf mijn Galaxy-- Volunteering mailing listVolunteering at lists.mch2022.orghttps://lists.mch2022.org/mailman/listinfo/volunteering