[Volunteering] On-site logistics [Ticket#42709]

Manduca manduca at mch2022.org
Fri Jun 17 17:23:24 CEST 2022

Hi,

On 15-6-2022 21:41, Xu xu via volunteers at mch2022.org wrote:
> Hi Manduca,
> I created a ticket for your inquiry in our ticketing system and would
> like to ask you to reply to this email going forward.
>
> As for the Angels, I would suggest the following:
> Angeltype= LOC Crew receives lightweight informal safety instructions
> (this is the only way to form and represent a stable team)
> Shifttype=LOC Crew; I need a small dedicated workforce (about 10
> people so they can rotate), are assisted by Angels when necessary
> Shift=about 2 hours (offset by an hour to the Angels)
> (it's better to have short shifts to enable Angels to choose as how
> much they want to work)
What is LOC???
2 hours is way to short. The Core-volunteer is not the kind of
volunteers that you pick-up from their hangmat and set to work. These
need to be a kind of constant factor and instruction is basically during
build-up (once!). There role is to organize any on-site logistics job
that isn't done by forklift, and when needed organize additional
volunteers (the general ones) to handle that.
The general ones _*can *_be the person you pick from the street doing
nothing and set to work. The tasks can range from 30 min to a few hours
depending on the task at hand.

> Angeltype=Angel
> Shifttype=on-site logistics
> Shift=About 2 hours, when needed
> Assisting the forklift drivers in their work (extra pair of eyes,
> preparing loads, guarding the safety of bystanders etc.)
> Distributing the delivired goods to the various teams
> Transporting stuff from the logistics hub to the various teams by
> site-carrier/bike/foot (and back when needed)
> Helping Team Terrain moving stuff around
> Distributing basic gear like beer benches and tables, fences,
> floorboards etc.
>
> Some additional questions are
> * What does the workforce do exactly, can you go into further detail
> regarding this?
It's the main part of what I send in (you've cut it out partly in the
reply). I've put it below again.

General volunteer:

  * Assisting the forklifts in their work (extra eyes, preparing loads,
    guarding the safety of bystanders etc.)
  * Distributing stuff delivered to the various teams
  * Transporting stuff from the Logistics store to the various teams by
    site-carrier/bike/foot (and back where needed)
  * Helping team terrain moving stuff around
  * Distributing basic gear like beer benches and tables, fences,
    floorboards etc.

Core volunteer

  * Any general volunteer work it can handle by itself
  * Guiding the volunteers in their work
  * Signaling and reporting possible issues/improvements
  * Having fun at the LHQ

> * Is a driver's license required to do the job and if so which type
> (e.g. driving trucks)
Only needed when they want to use a site-carrier. But they can mostly do
without.