[mch2021-terrain] "Lower-noise" area on camper fields

Ruud Koolen redlizard at redlizard.nl
Tue Jun 21 18:36:09 CEST 2022

On Wednesday 15 June 2022 11:36:19 Ralf van Dooren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the map on https://map.mch2022.org , there are two camper
> (RV/Motorhome/Caravan) fields, Hamilton and Hopper.
>
> As these kinds of camping vehicles aren't allowed on the rest of the
> terrain (and thus can't access the quiet camping area) , is it possible to
> have a part of these fields designated as 'lower noise' area?
>
> E.g. north side of the Hopper field , to have minimal interference with the
> Music stage on the Goldwasser field, which have sets planned until
> 23:00-0:00 each night.

That is a good call.

The ability to make a big distinction in noise levels for the camper area is
limited, because they are quite close to each other and that cannot be
helped. The best we can do is I think what you suggest: declare that the
west-of-dike area is the relatively noisy part of the camper area, the
southern part of the east-of-dike area is medium noise level, and the north
of the east-of-dike area is the quitest area.

I will make sure to communicate this on the wiki. Thank you for the
suggestion.

-- Ruud