[Productiehuis] [Content] Silent stage proposal, answer needed soon

Aschwin Marsman a.marsman at aYniK.com
Sun May 29 19:52:00 CEST 2022

> On 25 May, 2022, at 13:42 , Andreas Sikkema via Content <content at lists.ifcat.org> wrote:
>
> Dear content friends,

Hi Bix,

This afternoon we had a team Content meeting and discussed your email.

> Our (Productiehuis) ideas for a Silent Stage in Battery are now so far
> advanced that we ""require" an answer from you on the following:
>
> Our proposal is to add a 100 person Silent Disco system into Battery
> so that 100 people can listen to talks/watch a movie without any
> loudspeakers. This would enable two things:
> - minimise the disruption of the Family terrain late in the evening
> (and the immediate surroundings of Battery as well)
> - allow more time slots in one tent after whatever the cutoff is for
> amplified noise
>
> The second item would be of interest to you I expect. I think we need
> to find a happy medium between "accepting all the proposals", "cool,
> let's cooperate with HOPE" and "OMG where do we find the angels", but
> we don't know how many talks you and the presenters would like to do
> in a format like this.
>
> We have an offer for a system, the costs are not unreasonable (though
> a little budget assistance would be very much appreciated) but I don't
> want to spend money that we could use somewhere else (like making the
> stages more pretty). We very much would like to go for a Silent Stage
> though, we really like the idea.
>
> What are your thoughts, and can we please get an answer soon?

We like the idea a lot. We’ve planned the last round of talks to mostly
start at 23:00 and some at midnight. E.g. for the demo competition we
could see this to work nicely, that gives extra time for this. Also
for watching HOPE talks.

We would not like to see slots before midnight being used for non
Content slots as we are having not enough slots already.

What is little budget assistance in euros?

> --
> Bix

Thanks again for reaching out,

Aschwin / Martian