[Productiehuis] Volunteering @ Productiehuis

Andreas Sikkema ramdyne at gmx.net
Sun Nov 28 17:52:44 CET 2021

Hi,

As requested by Sebastius, an email with several points:

- We are planning on using a staggered shift length for the various
volunteer types we have identified. Most of this is based on C3VOC
experience at events they run (not just the big CCC events). So 1
hour/talk shifts for constant concentration heavy tasks (camera
operators, audio/video mixers), ~8 hour shifts for less continuously
concentration heavy tasks and full days for core team. See
https://wiki.mch2022.org/Team:Productiehuis#During_the_event for a
calculation on how this ends up with around 159 shifts *per day*. We
plan (but see how that works out) to have C3VOC be a large part of the
two last groups of volunteers

- Our "learnings" from SHA2017 were:
  - we need a layer of experienced volunteers between running a stage
tent and core team. This work can not be combined (we took a toll on
some of our core team members).
  - We were *very* lucky that a technical issue (LED walls interfering
with camera operations) resulted in us being able to run with a lower
number of volunteers available to run a stage tent properly (around
half the number)
  - We gave *all* volunteers (as far as possible due to not being able
to be in two places at same time, ticket availability) meal tickets
for lunch and dinner. This helped immensely with creating a core group
of volunteers we could rely on

I seem to remember a third point I was supposed to add, but I am not
sure what it was, perhaps I covered in my two points already.

--
Bix