[MCH Team:Info] [Content] Fwd: (blogpost proposal) Submit a talk above and beyond the final frontier!

Walter van Holst walter.van.holst at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 6 10:26:46 CET 2021

On 05-12-2021 23:56, Noor wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> I've heard of some of those events, but I think the wording of a couple
> was what threw me off (that and a lack of sleep all weekend).
>
> Others have made suggestions and I'm okay with "A car was launched into
> the asteroid belt", since it was only one roadster. And rather than say
> "rear-ended" (which kinda implies an accidental landing or crash, and
> also a road accident), can I just say "The Chinese made a landing on the
> dark side of the moon"?

Hi all,

It hadn't occurred to me that not everyone is a space nuts as I am and I
think we should be open to make the blog post more accessible to people
who are not. An event that publishes blog posts that are only readable
to a very specific audience is simply not attractive. So, if it takes a
lots of links referring to outside sources, or a bit of substantive
clarification, that is probably better.

Regards,

 Walter