[Volunteering] herald angles

Eva Stöwe katzazi at gmx.de
Sat Jun 18 11:29:27 CEST 2022

Hello Volunteering Team,

Team Heralds
(restricted: need special training to become a member of that angle
type, but when approved may add themselves to a shift):
Contact for you: katzazi, 4744, katzazi at gmx.de
Angel types: Herald
Heralds moderate the talks. They also ensure that the speakers have
everything they need during their talk, that the talks-schedule is on
track, that everybody needed for the talks (including other angles) is
present and that everybody inside the talk tents is fine and has a good
time, especially including all the other working angles.

To become a Herald you need to take part at an introduction meeting.
There will be an introduction meeting at least at the evening before the
talks start and maybe another at the first day of the talks.

Shifts:
We need 1 shift type where the shift probably contains 2 heralds + the
A/V angles and maybe further angles working in the tent.
Details will follow.

At the moment I cannot tell you exactly how the herald shifts need to
be, as I would like to coordinate this with produktionhuis-shifts in the
tents and I still have to figure out if we need to run heralds in teams
with herald A and herald B, as we had to do at the SHA, or if we can
work with a "normal" setup. Also it's not final if we cover more than
just the major tents.

I guess that the shifts could be done in the semi-automated fashion we
do them together with A/V-Shifts at the congress. If not I'll be at the
MCH early (probably at Sunday/Monday) and volunteer to help setting up
those shifts. - I also had to do this at the SHA...

Kind regards,
Katzazi