[Villages] Geraffel Village at MCH

Daniel Jedecke mch at daniel-jedecke.de
Mon Jun 20 20:03:53 CEST 2022

Dear all,

we are Jedi and chaosle from Geraffel Village
(https://wiki.mch2022.org/Village:geraffel). As discussed between Walter
van Holst(MCH) and HonkHase (Geraffel), we wanted to get in contact
early, because we have a special setup and according to our experience
we should not be near the Family Village :)

We currently have one 10x10m and three 5x5m tents (rented), approx. 50 -
60 members (not all the children are listed in the Wiki). As Quite
Camping and Familiy Village are quite centrally located, Babbage Field
or Engelbart Field would of course be ideal for us but we can talk about
that.  Engelbart Field may be suboptimal due to the music we have as
there are no "walls" over the river.

We will be at the camp from 19.6 at the latest (we have solar power with
us to be self-sufficient for the first days) and can help with the
organisation at the field, especially at the beginning and the placement
and buildup of the tents and infrastructure there.

Should we have a small chat or what would be the best way to discuss
possible locations and draw backs? We have already advertised in the
team to fill a few open positions (https://wiki.mch2022.org/Vacancies)
and we wealready brought sponsors with us ;) (DB Networks) but they have
another place on the camp site.

Also, there was a request to combine our place with Village:infuanfu and
Village:milliways as we are compatible and going near to 80 members and
a lot of tents :)

Best regards
Jedi and chaosle