[Villages] [Projectleiding] Sponsor policy change proposal

MCH Sponsor Team sponsor at mch2022.org
Mon Jul 11 12:55:24 CEST 2022

Hi Juerd,

Thanks for your elaborate email. For me, the primary reason of keeping the URLs is that it’s the only current way of identifying which sponsor belongs to which village. That’s important because pagoda tents are reserved for sponsors outside of the moebelhaus shop, but tables, chairs, and extra tents were ordered via moebelhaus.

Team:Villages needs an overview for e.g. placing the villages, and we did not have an easy way of doing that this year. It’ll be a lesson learnt for next edition. Maybe an extra field during village registration can ask for a sponsor affiliation, or maybe the whole situation can be fixed by getting sponsors to order their tents via moebelhaus too, and putting a deadline in place.

In any case, none of the above fixes are appropriate at this time, because we’re so close to the event. Your suggestion of simply hiding the URLs in the village overview sounds okay to me, if Team:Villages (CC) agrees. If they agree, I’d gladly make use of your help to do it.

Adding a public marker for a village saying it’s related to a sponsor contradicts the philosophy of making them equal to other visitors: the same rights, and no special treatment.

The renaming of sponsor villages to not contain branded names is already ongoing. Renaming non-sponsor villages with branded content is something that I think we should not do, and instead make Team:Villages aware of them so they can contact them or change it.

If you’d like to discuss any of this in more detail, you can reach me on +31655168655. Please be mindful though that there’s a lot going on right now, and everyone is already stretched thin on other important things to do.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Tom Clement (Halcyon)
Team Projectleiding & Sponsoring MCH2022
tom at mch2022.org <mailto:tom at mch2022.org> | www.mch2022.org <http://www.mch2022.org/>