[mch2021-terrain] FamilyZone

Florian Overkamp mch2021 at tty.nu
Thu Feb 4 19:53:32 CET 2021

Hi all,

On behalf of Team Family I'm reaching out to you :-)

We're starting to plan out stuff that we would like to see arranged
in/for/around FamilyZone, assuming we can actually greenlight MCH this year.

One of the things is to check with you what we can and cannot do getting
stuff to and from the field. We are already aware of the camper
arrangement (elsewhere!) and the no/few cars on the grass stuff. But as
our goal is to enable families to participate we expect a little less
rugged crowd, more family size tents and folding trailers. These things
can be moved (reasonably well) over paved roads and metal plating, but
it can be very difficult over lumpy grass in particular in case of heavy
rain.

A few solutions come to mind, and I'd like to hear your perspective on
what is possible:

* Driveable road until as nearby the field as possible
* Metal plating to push trailers over
* Maybe a golfcart to pull trailers if needed? (dunno if possible, also
more inconvenient)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

--
Best regards,