[Productiehuis] [Content] Productiehuis questions/heads-up/etc

Walter van Holst walter.van.holst at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 15 21:00:36 CET 2021

On 15-02-2021 19:55, Andreas Sikkema via Content wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are a few points that we, as Productiehuis, would like to talk to
> you about.

As luck would have it, we have a question for Productiehuis as well.

> - Currently I am assuming we will create a Youtube channel to also
> release video next to media.ccc.de. Do we want to allow comments? What
> do we do about abusive comments? I don't need an answer now or soon,
> just before the event works for us.

I don't think we as a team care so much either way. We'll get back to
you on this after next team meeting.

> - It looks like Productiehuis has also taken up the Signal angel role.
> We all don't have much experience with this role, apart from supplying
> a microphone/table/chair and ethernet cable. Is there already a Herald
> team/responsible?

Both WitchDoc and Ijon, who coordinated the Heralds together with
Katatze at SHA2017 have expressed an interest to do so again. My
understanding is that Kataze will also join, as well as Lindworm. None
of these four are on any mailinglist yet. Once they do join, I think we
can arrange for them to provide guidance or to get it from the CCC
Signal Angels, which at the CCC events aren't the responsibility of the
Herald team.

> - We would like to send the following markdown-formatted checklist (or
> an amended/improved/rewritten version) to speakers once a talk has
> been accepted, the sooner the better.

Let's start putting that into PretalX and test it.

@Erik Tews, could you have a go at that or should we volunteer someone else?

> If you have any topics you would like to discuss with Productiehuis,
> please don't hesitate to contact us!

Yes, we do! We would like to explore with your team what remote
participation options there will be avialable for remote speakers.

Likewise we would like to hear your thoughts on an alternative event
format in which the stages won't have much in the way of an audience,
but in which most event participants get to enjoy the talks etc streamed
to their devices on site.

Would it make sense to arrange for a meeting for that?

Regards,

 Walter