[Productiehuis] Remote speakers

Andreas Sikkema ramdyne at gmx.net
Tue Sep 22 01:01:20 CEST 2020

Walter, Team Content,

> > So we would like to hear your thoughts on the feasibility of the
> > following things:
> > * Can we have a minimum set of technical requirements and testing
> > protocols for such speakers?
> > * Would it be possible to arrange a dedicated Jitsi/BBB/etc instance
> > in order not to rely on Skype sound tests etc.?
> >
> > As well how you feel about this issue.

Basically the answer is yes. How it's technically resolved is up in
the air. There's various options currently available and I am
expecting more before MCH2021. Within C3VOC there's already some
remote presentation experience (DiVOC, Froscon, etc) and upcoming
(rC3).

A lot can change in 11 months so I don't want to lock us in a
technical solution at this moment. I would suggest that we keep an eye
on the various solutions and their respective requirements and come
back to this question in 6 and/or three months before the event. We
should have something in place 1 month before the event and have all
presenters tested as working a few days before their presentation is
scheduled (or pre recorded where possible/necessary)

--
Bix