[MCH Team:Info] Proposed text for extending the CfP deadline

Walter van Holst walter.van.holst at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 2 12:14:01 CET 2021

Hi Team info, following a (slightly revised) text for publication:

Extending the Call for Participation to MCH2021 until March 31st

TL;DR: we’re extending the deadline until March 31st, 24:00 CEST.

It is not entirely unexpected, since for all intents and purposes the
idea of having a large-scale outdoor hacker event in August 2021 feels
like it could be on Venus, or Mars, in terms of futurism, but right now
it is clear that a lot of people aren’t comfortable to committing to
anything of the sort yet. We have received a good number of proposals,
quite a few of which are of the sort that excite us. We, the Content
Team, would like to get even more of those in order to be able to get to
a proper schedule for the event. So we are extending the CfP deadline
until March 31st, 24:00 CEST.

By that date, another critical milestone for deciding whether we can go
forward will have been passed. The bottom line for now is: if we don’t
carry on preparing as if MCH2021 will happen, it won’t happen anyway.
Which, admittedly, isn’t the most energising way of making it happen,
but it is what it is. The odds of this can only improve once vaccination
rates go up.